Welcome... in this page I would like to talk about my professional profile and I would like to explain my project, open to adult clients/patients (18 yo and more) who speak English, live in Italy and have an Italian fiscal code card. I am here for you 7/7, from 1 pm to midnight (in office until 7pm). It is necessary to make an appointment, through e-mails, cell phone or whatsapp.
I can't offer this very same service to people living abroad.
I work both in studio and through Telepsychology countrywide; Telepsychology considers the needs of expats, and people unable to leave their home.
My work is related to the following issues:
- PSYCHOLOGICAL SUPPORT (feeling alone because in another country, personal relationships, illness or disability, family troubles, a loss, care giving stress, deep conundrums, solitude, problems with self esteem or other people, being homesick, work issues etc.); it is available to couples too, but only through video;
- EMPOWERMENT and PERSONAL GROWTH (for each individual, and the one with low self esteem, for example);
- PREVENTION (to spot a problem before it becomes a problem!);
- ADDRESSING you to the right professional figure, or beginning the process of DIAGNOSIS.
- PROCESSES OF EDUCATIONAL and VOCATIONAL GUIDANCE (the sometimes hidden person you really are, inside, unique, with his/her talents, tastes, dreams, projects);
- PROBLEM SOLVING AND COMMUNICATION ISSUES, to understand and feel free in living our choices, and to overcome difficulties in expressing ourselves (also in a couple) which stop our projects and growth.
I find useful expressive mediums (I can practice Phototherapy Techniques, for ex.).
Please feel free to contact me, and in order to have more practical details ("what", "where" and the "price list" too) it is very important to take a look at the page
Concerning TelePsychology, it is necessary to remember that this medium needs (between the psychologist and the client) the same sincerity and directness that define this kind of contact. Despite the virtual reality, it is a place where 'uncover' - it is a place with no masks...
Now I will have to describe a little about me - obviously.
And then I will explain about how my telepsychology activity works.
I am a psychologist, with a specialization in psychodiagnostic and I've studied Judy Weiser's Phototherapy Techniques (the clinical use of photography through different techniques); I like to use expressive methods in my contact with the client.
I am a writer and an amateur photographer, an Art's fan, and I have soon discovered the power of creativity (it allows understanding and healing).
Also I have always been interested in the neurological nature of personality, because body and mind can't be divided.
The mind is that deep sea in which we all swim, hoping for kind waves and a nice wind - but it is a complex entity enveloped in our body, story, thoughts, relationships and emotions.
I have had experiences both in psychosocial centres and in... marketing (long time ago!).
I often read and follow online lectures to deepen my knowledge about all these different points, because each year is a revolution and a discovery you can use to help people.
I am following, due to my personal story, the Chiron's archetype (Jung), the Wounded Healer (the mythological centaur, forever wounded and thus able to give relief to others)!
It is not the right place to talk about me, but we all swim in this wonderful and sometimes dangerous sea, searching the kind wave and the nice wind.
I know this is a very brief description, but I've found it right to let you know something about me.
And now let's talk about the way I am working in the web.
Knowing that it is not necessary to explain how a session in office works, I prefer to explain the other side of my activity...
I post here an article I wrote about being expats, living in Italy and psychology: hope you will like it.
Well, in different ways - you can find various options.
Being brief, Telepsychology can be:
- email contact/s, Whatsapp's written/recorded chats, phone calls, Skype voice or Skype videoconversation (this last also for couples).
These are all mediums we can have and share, and they can be used depending upon the goals (from simply understanding the "big picture" until a real "psychological jouney"). We can try different types of medium, the ones or one you prefer
(or the office, obviously).
Please, feel free to tell me your needs.
We need, of course, as said, to make an appointment (maybe through email) to find the right time.
As already explained, Telepsychology is an important medium we luckily have, but there are few things we have to underline: Telepsychology is not like being in the office with the therapist, so it is not ideal for all; for example, it is not the good choice for people who unluckily have suicidal tendencies and/or people with a diagnosed serious mental disorder. It is not that you don't want to help; it is that they have different needs and it is not ethical to use a not right medium.
Plus, for each patient there is the right professional profile, and you have to find him/her.
Our sense of duty teaches us to do what is right for the individual, and each one is different.
So this is a brief explanation.
I leave you this beautiful picture taken in a spring mediterranean light.
The sea was not so calm in that moment, but in a joyful way.
One hour later, there were little waves and a nice wind.
I wish you all both.
Alessia Ghisi Migliari
- Ps Although, maybe, you (who are reading this) and me will not have a contact here, I would like anyway to leave you a short book (it is free) to download, HERE. I wrote it hoping to inspire a little... Hope. A message in a bottle.